Tuesday, April 7, 2015

3 Productivity Web Tools


Google Calendar

I use Google Calendar on a daily basic and have for some time. I love this productivity tool. This tool is easy to use and great for keeping track of everything from important dates to your ‘to do’ list. I like that I can add my Gmail Tasks to my calendar to make sure I am not missing anything that needs done. I also use this to collaborate. It can be used at work by sharing your calendar with co-works but also have privacy but allowing you to change the settings to show busy while withholding the detailed information from everyone’s view. I use this with my husband so we know when we aren't together and need to schedule something if either of us have a commitment already. All you have to do to use Google Calendar is sign up for a Gmail if you don’t already have one and go to Google Calendar. You can also download the calendar as an app on your mobile device.

Evernote

I have not personally used this application before but have read how helpful it is and would like to try it out myself. I just downloaded the mobile version to test it out. After reading the High Performance Lifestyle blog I thought it was interesting that many of the experts had Evernote in their list of favorite productivity tools. I went to Evernote's website where you can download and use this application.Reading about it there seems to be a lot of great tools, like the find feature being able to find words and images even within your handwritten notes.

Google Drive

This is an application I have used but not to the extent it can help one be productive. I’ve used it in college course to work on collaborating on documents. I love that you are able to see previous revisions of documents and who edited what, as well as real time collaboration being able to see exactly what someone is doing as they are doing it. I ability to share documents, files and more so easily and be able to access it wherever is great for how much I am on the go. I also found a lot of other great uses for Google Drive to help improve productivity in this Practical E-Commerce article. If you haven’t used this application before all your need is a Gmail account as I talked about for Google Calendar. In the top right hand corner of your screen click on the tile icon and then the drive icon as shown in the image below.  You can also go to https://www.google.com/drive/ for direct access.





No comments:

Post a Comment